Monday, September 15, 2008

Talking aloud

Well, today was Raina's first day at daycare! It was hard to leave her there, but I trust the caretakers. I am home today. I go back to work on Wednesday (September 17th). Today and tomorrow are "practice days." I have been pumping at the times when I think I will be able to at school.

Steve checked in on Raina on his break and she was doing great and taking a bottle. I didn't know how much milk to leave. (It's not like I have a guage on my breasts!) But I figured about 4 oz. per bottle. I left four bottles of 4 oz. each.

Okay, this sounds boring to most of you, but it's what I'm dealing with right now.

There is another new baby there today as well. This baby is only two months old. She is very cute. I saw one of the caregivers feeding her and I asked the director what she was eating. She was eating formula mixed with rice cereal! I kept my mouth shut, but I couldn't believe it! The baby is way too young for that rice cereal. It's bad enough, in my opinion, that she is not getting breast milk, let alone the fact that her digestive system is not ready for anything but formula or breast milk! Of course I don't know the reasons behind why this baby is on formula and not breast milk. But there is certainly NO reason to feed a two month old baby rice cereal! I mean, you wouldn't give a newborn puppy steak, would you? No, because it doesn't make sense. Here I am stressing about pumping milk and so on - it's hard work, but it is worth it for Raina. Okay, that's my rant.

Today's my birthday as well. I'm 39 today. I don't feel 39. Of course I'm not sure what 39 is supposed to feel like. People say I don't look 39. Whatever "looking 39" means.

So like I said, I am home without Raina, which seems weird. Initially, I was continuously talking aloud. Then I remembered that Raina isn't here! (You see, Steve and I talk aloud to Raina all the time.) It must have sounded kind of funny when I said something like, "So now mommy's going to make some coffee." Sam probably thought, "Well, okay but why are you telling me?" --Pam

1 comment:

John, Heather, and Roman said...

You CRACK ME UP! Just wait until you notice yourself swaying in the grocery store and you don't have a baby with you...you feel like a total moron (that could be spelled wrong, but I don't care). By the way, 4oz. is about right. That is what I gave Roman when he was that age...and still, he only takes 4oz. now that he is eating solids...SOLIDS! I can't believe he will be 8 monts old next week. How was your first day back to school? I hope everything went great for you! Keep in touch!