Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Expressions that are not particularly helpful

"Everything in moderation" It sounds pretty good. How can you disagree? But how about Crack cocaine in moderation? Yeah, I know that's not really what they meant. They meant "Dessert or something less harmful in moderation. Well, Can you have dessert every meal?. Every other meal. Define moderation again... Because for most people that's an excuse to do something in excess and then call it "moderation"


"It is what it is"  This seems to be the new catch phrase of 2008. My administration at school says it a lot. I interpret it to mean one of several true meanings: 1. "Get out of my office." 2. "No" 3 "I give up and so should you!"


1 comment:

Laura said...

I think crack cocaine in moderation would be fine.

I'd skip dessert after breakfast.