Monday, September 29, 2008

A new decision.

Today, I have been convinced that pumping at work is just too stressful. I am very disappointed. I guess I wanted to be super-mom or something. I've been pumping at least twice a day at school. Now I think I will just have to pump in the morning and maybe in the afternoon after school and that will have to be it. I won't be pumping at work. At least I am going to try it. 

As a result, Raina will be getting part time breast milk and part time formula (probably). I have to just keep telling myself that it will all be okay. 

The best convincer (is that a word?) actually was my assistant principal. Steve and I ran into her on our way out today. She said with her daughter she had the caregiver give formula during the day and she breastfed outside of this time. Her daughter is well adjusted, healthy, and does well in school. 

Okay, okay, I know, there are people out there with real problems. But this is a very emotional thing for me. I don't know if its stress or hormones or both. (I might still bring in the hand pump for occasional use.)

The interesting thing is that I did a pretty extensive search on the Internet and I am hard pressed to find any information about part time breast feeding and part time formula feeding. Most of it is either one or the other. So if anyone out there has any ideas, let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pam - you are already "Supermom" - especially to Raina! You have to do what is best for your family and your situation and I think you have come up with a good plan. Hope all goes well! Hugs and kisses.