Friday, June 6, 2008

cervix and the blob

Yesterday I was informed that my cervix was 1cm dilated and the baby is engaged at about position 1. (I have been recently experiencing what I would call mild menstrual-like cramping off and on. To make myself feel like I wasn't going crazy, I had the midwife do an exam to check these things.)

This morning, well..


...okay, it's gonna be graphic. Parental Discretion Advised:


This morning the mucus plug came out! Ew! This is what it looked like: Think of a snotty-blob about the size of two tablespoons, tinged with a little brown blood.  And, it came out of me! Gross!

Unfortunately, this doesn't necessarily mean that labor is starting. It simply means that things are going along as they should. As the midwife says, it could be tomorrow or two weeks!

Anyway, it's a little freaky. --Pam

No comments: