Monday, July 16, 2007

Windsurfing!


Today Steve and I went windsurfing for the first time. I was pretty nervous to start since I seem to have terrible balance when it comes to all things surfboard-like (e.g. skateboarding, snowboarding, etc.). We had a very good teacher - Jerry - at Sailboards Miami. It is just on the Rickenbacker Causeway, on Virginia Key, on your way to Key Biscayne. (If you click on the map, it takes you to an interactive one.) It turns out the winds were in our favor. Also, I managed to do pretty well. I only fell off twice! Steve did very well also. Below are some pictures. The last photo is of Jerry giving one of the kids a few tips. It was a lot of fun! We are planning on going back for more practice. The great thing about this area is that it is about 5-10 minutes from home!

No comments: