Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Raina has some fun with daddy

Raina is having some fun with daddy here in this video. She is growing more adventurous and inquisitive every day. She has recently started trying to stand by hanging on with only one hand. She is also taking small steps when we hold her hands. She makes lots of interesting vocalizations - mamama, mmmbbbaa, dadada, etc. (I've been trying to get her to say "mmmbop.") We are still working on getting her to sleep on her own in her crib in her room. On Monday night she actually slept 6 hours in a row! Steve even got up at one point to check on her - we're just not used to this. Last night we had trouble getting her to sleep but then she slept 4 hours in a row, still not too bad. To us it feels like a full night's sleep - if you can believe it.

She is a happy baby, so when she cries in her crib, it is hard. But I am sticking to my word and trying hard to teach her how to get herself to sleep.

School is getting back to normal as FCAT (Florida's state assessment test) is now over. Tonight I spent a great deal of time re-arranging my room and adding some more colorful decor. I am hoping to have some learning fun with the students now that these tests are over.



Steve and I are trying to get back into shape. I have a triathlon on March 29th - it's off-road. I'm excited to finally get to do one of these, though I haven't really trained as much as I would have liked.

No comments: